If he's doing a computer adaptive program, can he do it at a higher grade level? Another option is Khan Academy...just make sure you put him at the correct grade, not 4th grade. My fourth grader did Khan Academy in 2nd grade as well as some workbooks that I sent in that were a couple grade levels up. It wasn't a great long term solution and our school district has so many issues that we finally went to a different district and they immediately subject accelerated him 3 years. Now a middle school teacher comes in and teaches him and 3 other kids for an hour, then she leaves again (she is a math intervention teacher I think but took on these 4 gifted kids). I didn't ask for it, the district set it up. I'm not sure what will happen next year because he needs to take Algebra and the other kids will be moving to middle school and he will not. The problem with math has been probably the most difficult thing I've encountered (other than special ed). Its all too easy for people to claim that differentiation is going to happen, but it doesn't actually. Most kids are fine with grade level work and if they need enrichment, they can do some word problems or something. But when a few kids need to move at a really fast pace the schools just don't know what to do. I think the only solutions are to either do online learning (which is unfortunate) or subject acceleration to the correct level. Neither one of those are optimal. Having a kid stare at a screen by themselves isn't good, and subject acceleration isn't good if the pace is still too slow. DS moves at a pretty fast pace now because all of the kids are able to move quickly.