Hi everyone! Some of you may remember me, I posted a few times about my GT DD4 and ND DD6 (DD6 who may be artistically gifted, that's a tough one to figure out) last spring. Anyway, I was trying to get DD4 into Kindergarten this year as an early entrance. I just wanted to let you all know I was successful! It took a lot of "pushing", but I did it! She starts Kindergarten at the public school next Wed. Dr. Rimm wrote a letter for her that really helped. I actually had 2 private schools agree to take her, but I wanted her in Pub. sch. bc they have a better gifted program for later in her career. They use subject acceleration, grade acceleration and have group GT projects and field trips. Hsing is not an option as I'm a teacher.

Which brings me to another update. I am participating in a cohort with my district and a local university to earn my endorsement in gifted ed. I started this summer and will finish next fall. I can't wait to get a position in the GT field.

I just wanted to let you all know that the advice, encouragement and understanding that I received from you on these message boards helped me feel like I was on the right track. Thank you for helping me help my dd. I plan to try to visit more often as she progresses through school, however with 8 credits, working full time and a family - it doesn't leave much time. I hope I can help some others who may be going through the same things as my dd gets older.
Karen