We have a similar situation with our 3yo. So I tend to plan weekends out in advance. Subject to change if my son just wants to do something else but I'm never waking up and trying to decide what to do.

We have annual memberships at the zoo, aquarium, museum, various kids places. Then we go to one or the other regularly. Hiking is great. Art class is fun. We added soccer as an area where he can learn to compete and learn to handle failure.

Also, we're starting to organize a regular play date with some local kids at our place. And every week a different parent takes a turn hosting so that no one is forced to always be available.

Without knowing your neighborhood, we take long walks as well. He pedals his bicycle or scoots the scooter as we walk to and from errands.

That was a long-winded way to say that planning the weekends well in advance will reduce the stress of trying to figure what to do. You can always change it but I've founded that letting DS know what's on the schedule makes it easier for him as well.