Welcome!

While most of the forum members are focused on education issues... as for making aging easier, I think it would be great to include "aging" as part of high school "Health" curricula, and to do so in a manner which emphasizes respect for each individual and valuing the wisdom which often accompanies the perspective of many years. Education could help build a positive foundation for a supportive view of aging in our society. This may also help young adults plan their home environments for the eventual, inevitable aging process. Many of these environmental accommodations are also handy safety features when raising children.
- lever door handles, rather than round doorknobs
- electric light switches at a height accessible from wheelchair (lower than I've seen many places)
- electric outlets at a height accessible from wheelchair (higher than I've seen many places)
- ergonomic kitchen utensils and cutlery
- wider hallways
- abundant use of sturdy banisters, railings, handrails, grab-bars
- Here is a list of Common Types of Home Modifications for the Elderly

As with other aspects of giftedness, each individual is unique. It is possible that a gifted person may experience cognitive decline... may be more aware of it than others... may work hard to develop coping mechanisms and new ways of doing things... and may feel overwhelmed by this. A person may need to set a comfortable pace with a bit more "downtime" for processing between activities.

As you mentioned, to lower stress, support groups can be helpful, similar to healthy family relationships, or friendships... each can provide genuine interest, affirmation, validation of our experiences, and unconditional acceptance.

Telomeres... interesting that they can regenerate or lengthen after shortening... making aging somewhat reversible to an extent.

This article, Crucial Brain Health Tips from 15 Experts has lots of good reminders about exercise, healthy fats, food choices, and sleep.

This back issue of a newsletter from a law firm features an article "Baby Boomers are Turning Gray", which reminds readers of ADA protection for disabilities acquired with age.

Personally, I think it would be great if insurance could help cover the costs of alternative/preventative health services, such as your reiki healer.

This old post discuses Intelligence and Aging, and features a NYT article from 2012.

Here is a SENG article, Growing Old Gifted, also from 2012.

SENG also has an excellent article on considering the hospital experience of gifted elders.

100 Words of Wisdom by Dr. Joy Navan foreshadowed the article "Gifted Comes of Age" and development of the SENG Gifted Elders Initiative in 2014.