Originally Posted by aeh
For comprehension, students are given a brief scenario, societal practice, idiom, etc., and asked to explain what it means, what expected behavior is, or the purpose of the convention. Much of this is learned from life, not books, and is strongly culturally-bound.

... and ...

Originally Posted by aeh
I also wonder if the low WISC Co score reflects the challenges in picking up cause-effect relationships in everyday/social situations that are often observed in individuals with ADHD/EF deficits. ASD is not the only profile that manifests as social skills weaknesses. ADHD does too, though for very different reasons.

... and ...

Originally Posted by Platypus101
The sub-title is actually "Practical Social Reasoning".

This makes a ton of sense for my DC. Limited social experience due to asynchrony, ADHD, anxiety and extremely limited social experience [circumstance and choice]. I had not truly bought into the ADHD diagnosis until very recently so it was not a substantive part of my research to understand the low Comprehension subtest score [although AEH did respond to a post of mine on this topic and explained that the Co subtest could be affected by life experience]. Very interesting. And, for us, the best explanation of test results!