We were comparing Stanford, DA online, and other programs too. There are some advantages and drawbacks with all of these schools/programs.

Cost, of course. Ambleside Online, Outschool, MOOCs, and other providers that are free, or very low cost (ie. less than $50) beat them by miles on cost. And with some MOOCs, one could argue that you'd get better quality of instruction with them over what Stanford, Davidson or anyone else could provide.

Another big barrier to Davidson vs. Stanford is age. Stanford doesn't have age restrictions. Davidson does.

Stanford's OHS is not self-paced. That's a disadvantage for some kids. Not sure whether Davidson is going to be self-paced or not.

Davidson's math only goes to calculus, I believe. I didn't see much beyond the core curriculum for hs either with Davidson. Stanford's OHS does by comparison.

Stanford offers the chance for students to take university level courses. Davidson Academy does through U of NV at Reno, but not sure how the online program would work and it's questionable whether courses at U of NV at Reno come close to the university level courses at Stanford.

Stanford OHS operates on Pacific Time; Davidson's may do as well. That's maybe fine for some kids depending on where you live, but not for others.

With Stanford, you can see how the courses operate as they're samples online. With Davidson, this isn't possible yet. With Stanford, students are interacting and having discussions.

I had heard that Bard College at Simon's Rock was supposed to have an online program but haven't heard any news yet. They're better for humanities and not so much for math/science.

Some of the other online programs (now I can't remember which one - U of NE, U of IN, etc.) offer dual enrollment but with some restrictions. TTUISD offers kids to test out by credit-by-exam.

A lot of it depends on what type of child you have, their LOG, any 2e issues, etc. and whether the school/program is the right fit for the child. Some kids will excel in these schools/programs, but for other kids and families there are alternatives.