napanganka, what you've described sounds way out there - but fwiw, we've had a positive experience with one specific type of listening therapy in our family. When my dd was very young she was extremely sensitive to sound, and was also a really bouncy can't-sit-still-and-focus kid. She complained that she couldn't hear what her teacher said at school, even if she was right next to him, because the background noise from other kids in the classroom was so loud. She went through a listening program as part of an OT therapy program, and we saw some tremendous changes. At home, she was able to sit down and work through an entire worksheet without being so distracted she had to get up and move around. At school her teacher noticed that she was much more able to focus and engage.

I didn't routinely listen to them, but the tapes she listened to were really odd - it's been so many years now I can't remember exactly how they sounded, so I can't begin to describe them, but I remember that her OT would change out the tapes each week and tell us in general what would be on them, as well as always tell us that if listening got to be "too much" for dd we could relax and ignore it for a few days. DD was supposed to listen to her tapes everyday at home, but I don't remember how long she had to listen. She didn't have any kind of talking she was supposed to do in conjunction with it.

Best wishes,

polarbear