Hello all! I'm very happy to have found this group. It's reassuring to see other people struggling with the same problems that we've been having with our DS. Now 2.5 y/o, he has developed into this little person who loves to have complex conversations about the solar system, food chains, and how things work. He has always been ahead of the curve, but now that he's getting older, more verbal, more interested in building friendships, his giftedness is making it difficult to make friends with same-aged peers in his day care/preschool class. I have had discussions with the teachers about his "social problems," but they seem to think that he is simply a loner, rather than struggling to connect to peers that don't share his interests. I know many others have encountered these issues as well. What are some tips for talking to your child about building friendships? Or ways to talk with the teacher about how help him to integrate into the classroom? Until a couple of months ago he had been in a different room where he had made a friend and was happy. With the change in the school year he was moved to an older kids' room and has not made friends and complains that he doesn't like the other kids and dreads having to go to school. (He used to love it!) How do I help improve the situation?