Val, in response to your concern and to be clear for others reading who might be wondering about the differences in vision therapy vs eyesight correction, I also want to clarify my original reply - vision therapy was *extremely* helpful for my dd. It was recommended for dd by a neuropsychologist, and recommendation was supported by our family eye dr. Since that time (approximately 6 years ago) our family eye dr has added routine screenings to check for tracking issues. None of these recommendations were made by quacks, and the results speak for themselves.

I do agree that VT isn't a solution for ADHD/dyslexia/etc as it is sometimes advertised, but otoh, my child with vision issues was suspected as having ADHD, and dyslexia/dyscalculia before her vision challenges were recognized and remediated by VT.

The key is that vision therapy exercises and makes muscles stronger that in turn make it possible for the two eyes to work together. Glasses/contacts are used to correct deficiencies in eyesight in each individual eye. There are people who need either corrective lenses (glasses or contacts) (or surgery that reshapes the lens) to see accurately out of each individual eye, and there are many people who's eyes don't track/focus together or who lack peripheral field of vision due to low muscle tone and they benefit from vision therapy. It's quite possible for a person to have one issue without the other, or to have both.

Best wishes,

polarbear