I'm all ears.

We are trying to figure out what sorts of accommodations are useful. Extra time doesn't seem to help exam performance much when ptsd is triggered by stress, for example.

I especially appreciate credentialed/peer reviewed/ otherwise official-ish kinds of sources, since the university will be most attentive to such information.

Thus far, we seem to be in a situation where people without the proper credentials are the only ones offering advice-- mostly to DD or myself. The people who could potentially be considered credentialed in some way don't seem to have many suggestions-- they ask HER what would be helpful. It's sort of as if they aren't sure what to do, but won't listen to just HER ideas of what might be helpful either.

One professor mentioned the idea of a safety net of sorts-- a means of credit recovery for exams where her performance is seriously adversely impacted. (This impact, btw, can be somewhere between 10-30%, depending upon the day and circumstances, and we've got about a year's worth of data now to support that, and about five professors can support that claim, at least somewhat).

They seem to want to accommodate this as though it were ADD or a LD. It isn't. It's episodic, and it has nothing to do with how well she knows the material. She always knows it well enough to earn B's and A's on assessments. It's just that sometimes her encoding is bad (if she's dissociating/panicky in classes), and sometimes her working memory and retrieval is profoundly impaired in testing situations. Scantrons, multiple choice formatting, and computer-based evaluations all make it worse, and quantitative/calculation-based test items are also problematic.

TIA.

The short version of this story, btw, is that my child was the victim of a felony crime, which has been resolved via the legal system, but her uni has turned out to be surprisingly oblivious, even though Title IX arguably obligates them to do more than they have. I'm not actually at liberty to discuss much about that, for obvious reasons.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.