Just realized that my post didn't show up.

DD has attended all of her meetings since 6th grade. I've encouraged her to "run the meeting" as much as possible. It's her brain, her accommodations. I've also found that teachers are more likely to listen to her than they are to me.

We've been told that all eight of her teachers have been invited and that we have a 1/2 hour time slot as they are trying to get through multiple 504s that day. The counselor said that the teachers typically make comments on what they have seen in the first six weeks of school. She said then they will go through the existing 504 and see if anything can be eliminated or needs to be added.

I mentioned to the counselor that DD seems to struggling in Spanish. I didn't mention the comment. I think that it was a legitimate comment made to the class in general but DD took it as personal criticism. DD came home and mentioned that the Spanish teacher came and talked to her about taking a test again to improve her score. Don't know if it's related. I will look on line to see if anyone has any recommended accommodations for dyslexic kids taking a foreign language. Thanks