Just want to add that as I understand the law in PA, they cannot deny gifted services to any child with an IQ above 130, but they can at any time make exceptions for those with an IQ below 130.

If a child has an exceptional talent at math or another area of interest or some areas tested test much higher than others or if there is overall very high academic achievement it is possible to still get a child into the gifted program in PA even without that 130.

I did a lot of research into the PA laws when my son, who did score over 130, was excluded from gifted services due to behavior problems caused by his disability. I remember quite clearly it stated no school can make the cut off more stringent than an IQ of 130, but each district is free to set any standards below that, including cut offs of 120 or 125 for instance, allowing students with exceptional talents, etc.

Even if they insist on the 130, you could point out that IQ scores have a standard error of measurement. If the range on your test based on that standard error includes 130 or above the highest score in the range could possibly be a more accurate score. So could the lowest. But a kid with 130 IQ will have a range that overlaps with your child's range on some tests. Both children could have the same potential, one just tested better that day than the other.