Hi All,

I'm completely new to the gifted parenting and advocacy adventure, so please go easy on me. I have so much to learn.

I'm looking for help on navigating asynchronous development. At least I think that's what we have going on. Right now I am helping DS4 with early math varying from PK-1st grade level depending on his interest. The trouble is that his attention span and 4-year-old body drive him to wiggle, fidget, bounce, and zoom around. He gets frustrated when I suggest we play and get wiggles out because he wants to sit down and do math! We are in the same boat for reading, though sometimes he gets these moments of 'calm' and can suddenly read. Today he wanted to spend well over two hours on solving math problems, but his body had a hard time committing to the endeavor. I insist we take "body breaks" for keeping happy and healthy bodies. Sometimes he is willing, other times not so willing.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone else in the same boat with a youngster who can't sit still but wants to?