DD6.5 was recently diagnosed with dysgraphia and DCD. She is in first grade except for math, where she goes to second. The volume of writing in math is very difficult her (code for saying sometimes she is still working on writing out the first answer when they are finishing the worksheet, yet ask her to give you verbal answers and she whizzes through it) and we recently met with the school for 504 accommodations. To give you a sense of what we are dealing with, they were not familiar with dysgraphia.

I have read through a number of old posts on various aspects of dysgraphia, and they have been very helpful. My question is this: knowing what you know now, if you had unlimited time and funds (we don't, but I just want to know all possibilities), what would you do for your child? I am trying to get the school involved, but it appears that a lot will be on us. She is already in private OT once a week, and we did HWT all summer.

So, what kind of equipment would you use? (Desktop, iPad, iPad with keyboard, etc?) How would you introduce your child to keyboarding/typing? What apps would you invest in?

Are there certain schools out there that do this really well for this type of 2e child?

What do you wish you had known from the beginning? Is there a support group for those times you want to cry?

Thank you!