Hi Lepa

A lot of what you've written sounds very similar to my DS8

In grade 1, we were also told his handwriting was slow but 'normal for age'. Teachers recommended using "Handwriting without Tears" at home, but I struggled to get him to do that. We brought in a private OT - I thought maybe she'd give us some exercises for him to do and that maybe she would have more success than I would at getting him to practice handwriting. She did an evaluation and told us he likely has DCD (confirmed by his pediatrician). We were very surprised! But after doing a lot of reading about it, it seems to fit.

DS also can ride a bike just fine, but struggles with ball games and fine motor activities (he actually doesn't really like Lego, hates to use cutlery). He is also very slow a lot of the time - getting ready for school, getting in or out of the car.

DS also struggled with reading - not with reading the words, but with reading longer passages of text. He would skip words, skip lines, and fatigue quickly. We had a visual assessment done and found he had convergence insufficiency. Now after a year of VT, his reading is improved, but he still tires quickly.

Polarbear gave great advice (as usual) - if you can get a neuropsych evaluation and then follow up with OT, etcetera, it may tell you a lot.