Thanks Elizabeth and polarbear. I guess that makes sense about automatcity. When he does jumping jacks, for instance, he doesn't look fluid he looks odd and jerky. But he did 5 in a row well enough to "pass" that section of the BOT. I made a typo w/ his scores, above, so went back and edited. He didn't do the full beery vmi, he just did the motor coordination subtest and the rest of the testing was the BOT.

I am questioning whether the OT should really be doing these visual perceptual exercises w/ him. I think she is assuming that if he does not put proper spacing between his words, or stay in the lines w/ mazes, it's some sort of visual perceptual issue that needs to be remediated. I'm not sure that's the case and fear she is wasting her time. I told her he can draw states from memory and she gave me the same look that the preschool teachers gave me 5 or 6 years ago when I mentioned he could read fluently. I'll bring in the sticky notes and show her. Unless there really is a reason she should be doing this visual stuff.