Just want to add another information. His visual spatial score is in the extended norms. The psychologist said he got 155 as a low estimate, because he could just keep going, which is why she gave him the adult materials. My understanding is that the extended norms for WISC V has not been published, so we don't know what his real VS score might have been.

His being advanced in visual spatial is consistent with what we see at home when he is doing individual building projects. He could read blue prints very well from very young age, and can design pretty complicated structures as well. But somehow, I cannot shake this doubt: Is this result real? Does it really mean something? I guess I am just kind of used to seeing him as bright, but not necessarily to what the test is trying to tell me (extended norms and stuff), plus with what they say in Nurture Shock, and what other parents say (IQ test is not reliable esp for young children, etc). I work with a lot of people who are bright and who don't believe on IQ test esp for younger kids, so I cannot shake this feeling, and feel confused whether I've been doing the right thing with my kid, given that he is happy, and not sure about what I can do for him (especially to support his hobbies and summer). I have a day job and am not available to him as much as I'd like to, and baby sister has special need that takes all of my time.

We actually discussed about his extreme abilities with his preK teachers. But that was 2-3 years ago, do you think we can use past teachers as nominator? I don't feel like coming out in the current school.