Thanks snowgirl. I just watched a video about the brock string. Interesting. I've posted on 3 lists and am not able to find anyone who has been treated for this condition. I found one study from 1997 that shows benefits from vision therapy, but my insurance (United) has a policy statement that rejects the value of that study on the ground that there was patient selection and some other reason that I forget.

I found one interesting thing - in a textbook that's apparently used by optometrists, it says that treatment for this condition usually takes less time in adults than in children. So maybe I don't have to worry I'm missing some window. As we're not sure we're seeing any symptoms related to convergence excess (many apparently do not have symptoms), and the difficulty of doing therapy would be huge for us (for one thing, I can't even get my DD to practice piano more than 5 minutes a day, and that's something she wants to do!), I think we'll put it off, and revisit the issue next spring, when therapy - $4000! - could at least happen during the summer.

However, if anyone has experience with VT or glasses for convergence excess - positive or not - I'd still like to hear.