We are considering having our son tested to apply for DYS and are wondering which test to use...? I understand which tests they accept but after googling I really don't know what makes a test better than another or if one test will give you information that another doesn't.

Are the extended norms out for the wisc v? Should we wait for them? My googling makes it seem like they aren't out. Is there a benefit to having extended norms?

I think he is probably PG. He is 5 and happily does 4th grade math and reads at around a 5th grade level. (He was fully running and jumping down stairs at 7 months old, so he has always been a bit different.) Is generally a very happy kid, but definitely has OEs. He would be entering kindergarten this year but we'll be homeschooling as school isn't a good fit. His handwriting looks like a 4 or 5 year olds and he dislikes handwriting.

Purpose for testing: DYS. My son is really social. He seems to have a lot of friends, but has told me he is lonely playing with his friends. He is the leader amongst the group of kids and they love him, but I think he is longing for kids who think the way he does.

Would also like scores for access to programs like Delta and Epsilon camp for math fun.

I was thinking extended norms might help learn something valuable to homeschooling. I really don't know what to use. I have googled a lot but am having trouble distinguishing why one test would be better than another.