Originally Posted by ConnectingDots
For those of you using AOPS, what is the time commitment? Realizing DS needs something more but concerned about fitting it in after school hours.

I think I read somewhere on the site (from AOPS people) an estimate of 5-7 hours (including class time) for the courses in the introductory series. The actual time can vary depending on whether the student is okay with half green, wants all blue, or wants beyond all blue (i.e., get every single challenge problem). I believe you can get an "A" for a transcript with mostly (at least a lot of) greens. It is possible to get blue on the challenge problems category with a couple of problems undone if the completed ones were correct on the first try so that you were awarded the maximum 7 points rather than 5 or 3 or 1 after additional attempts. It doesn't take much time to achieve green, more time to earn blue and potentially a lot more time to get every problem correct. Sometimes DS can get every single problem well with that 5-7 hour window but there have been some weeks where DS spent 8-10 hours with 2- 4 of those hours spent on the last 1 or 2 problems. For DS, this was sometimes an issue with the Geometry course while in the Algebra 2 course he could almost always complete within or even below the estimated time.