Question: how much did you son really learn in five weeks of algebra and five of geometry?

I'm skeptical about these super-compacted summer classes, mainly because I love mathematics and its simplicity combined with complexity, and I have trouble seeing how they can get through much more than basics in that time frame. Some of the ideas in these two courses are pretty deep and need time to sink in.

I taught algebra to my daughter, and we took our time so that there was always time to do the difficult problems and time to step to the side and learn about a random mathematician, counting in different bases, or connections between things (such as how set theory relates to solving a system of equations). I'm trying to do the same with geometry.

That said, it depends on what you're looking for. If your son is going into math, engineering, or physics, I recommend the slower/ deeper route. For many other subjects, getting the basic knowledge will get him through school.

Other alternatives include AOPS.

More to be point, I'm also skeptical of CC math, especially as mixed with Pearson. But if your son already has knowledge of algebra and geometry, he might end not being confused by Pearson's dizzy way of presenting material --- though he could also end up doing a lot of face-palming over it.