Okay - I clearly have too much time on my hands! Reviewing the recent concordance tables between the new SAT vs. the old SAT vs. the ACT lead me to the concordance tables between the old SAT and the ACT. Anyhow, concordance tables are meant to establish an accurate comparison between SAT scores and ACT scores. Just out of curiosity, I compared the minimum SAT and ACT scores set by DYS and noticed that applicants need much higher SAT scores than ACT scores to qualify. I am sure that DYS very carefully set their minimum scores so I can only assume that talent search applicants must somehow score lower on the ACT than on the SAT. Of course, the SAT (at least the old one for sure) has always been closer to an abilities test while the ACT is closer to an achievement test so it may makes sense that the curves are more disparate on the ACT than on the SAT for talent search applicants (mostly age 11 to 14) versus high school juniors/seniors.

Any thoughts? I think I will check how NUMATS award levels are for SAT compared to ACT for last year.