Hi! I've posted intermittently on this forum about my daughter since she was two. I finally bit the bullet with testing (she's six, almost seven) and I got her WISC V score report back with a FSIQ of 149. So...she qualifies for DYS! I'm relieved because she's so underchallenged. Our district has no gifted program. Now I'm worrying about the application!

I was looking at the DYS application and I have strong answers for the Discussion Questions (I kept a detailed journal) but I'm not too sure about a Nominator because my daughter's young. Who have people used in this age range? Her first grade teacher loves her, and knows she's smart, but doesn't realize she's as bright as she actually is. My daughter's a very social girl who's already doing some ability hiding (and hiding interests she's figured out aren't popular with peers).

Other ideas: I have a doctor friend (pediatrics) who pulled me aside when my daughter was a toddler to tell me she was very gifted (but doesn't have any academic interactions with her). I also have another friend who's a high school guidance counselor, used to writing recommendations, around kids a lot, has interacted with my daughter a lot and knows how bright she is (could speak well to advanced abilities but no direct academic experience with her). My daughter's also done an accelerated science class through the university last summer for three weeks which she loved but I haven't kept in contact with the teachers. She's going to do the same program again in July with a different teacher, who I might be able to ask for a recommendation. Any advice on who you would pick? How important is picking a good Nominator? Thank you so much!!