My alma mater and many other very pricey colleges have also added a lot of majors that strike me as being bogus (e.g. 27 majors ending in "Studies," up from 2 or 3 when I was there) and not conducive to instilling an ability to analyze, think critically, question one's assumptions, and draw conclusions...But that doesn't detract from the reality of being able to pay a quarter of a million dollars for a degree Me Studies.

I took a trendy-sounding courseload, and I was also lazy. I do regret some of my choices, because there are some major basics I'm missing. (I took my last European history class in middle school. How did that happen? I never took physics or calculus. This is embarrassing.) HOWEVER, one thing I absolutely developed in college was critical thinking skills. And the trendy-sounding classes were no easier than other classes at similar levels. Sometimes they were harder.(I think professors sometimes use this type of class as a Trojan horse--it sounds fun, but it's a bit of a trap.)

Honestly, I also often wonder if people who criticize this sort of thing have taken a class in it. I was an English major. My most difficult class in my major, and the only B I received in my major, was feminist literary criticism (cross-listed with women's studies). That is some dense stuff. It made my head hurt.

The easiest classes I took at my small, selective liberal arts college were:
Introduction to Macroeconomics (not sure why this was easy, but it was)
Computer Science 101 (I took this to fulfill a requirement)
Child Psychology (This was taught by a visiting professor who did not seem to understand typical rigor at the school; the other psychology classes I took were much harder.)

None of those were trendy "Me Studies" classes, of which I took a number.