Originally Posted by NotherBen
That "10% off" thing drives me crazy, the policy as well as kids' not realizing that that 10% is the easiest points of the essay. DS has an accommodation of no late points, but the work eventually does have to be turned in. Having trouble with that, too. He can also turn in a rough draft of any written assignment before a final draft. Yep, having trouble with that, too.
And what irritates me about this is DS was running late on the paper because he was working on a group project for the same class the last few days. Couldn't let the other kids down and group projects ALWAYS take longer than the teachers expect. Plus the group project was worth a lot fewer points. All formal writing is 50% of the grade for English. The essay was assigned over spring break which was supposed to be be homework free, but the teacher thought she got around the rule by it being a long term assignment and setting the due date due Tues instead of Monday. We were out of town and busy most of spring break. (And yes the kid was supposed to work on it while we were away but forgot something he needed. The teacher still shouldn't have assigned it then.) Plus he honestly missed it by 1 minute. Of course I know.. when you have to turn into those online things you NEED to give extra time and not try and submit at the lat minute. And this is an important life lesson. If he is 1 minute late submitting his state college applications next year, there is no late folder.

UGGG Just ranting...

Good Luck getting an appointment with a psychologist. I think we just lucked out and called DS psychologist at just the right time because she is no longer taking new patients.