DS9 was not selected for the district self contained GT program. He was tested privately 2 years ago at GAI 132 with a very uneven profile with PRI at over 140 but VCI below gifted range. He is my day dreaming child and never complains but i know he will benefit from the GT program.

The selection criteria are mostly achievement tests based such as star reading and easy CBM math and class grades:

They don't release results so it's like a black box, i don't even know where he lacks in particular. I would guess his reading comprehension is probably lower than others at 92% on recent Star Reading Test. His math score is as high as it can be. The class grades would not help him either as he is not consistently getting As as a few other kids.

I wasn't entirely surprised but still sad. Fourth grade is pretty much the only chance to get in . They close out unless there is a spot open later on.
The program is for 4-6 graders and is claimed to support gifted kids who learns differently. But how do you tell by only collecting performance results from achievement tests.

Just venting a little bit and trying to think though what to do for the next three years for my little guy.

Last edited by purpleviolin; 04/09/16 09:54 PM.