For us, one of the best thing about having really young gifted kids was being able to start all the *fun* stuff, early! We do lots of museums and the zoo, we spend insane amounts of time at the library. We go on day trips to state historic sites and take the tours. I can read the kids all the good books that I loved as a kid, I remember when DS6 was 2.5 I read the whole Chronicles of Narnia series to him (the big hardback books with color illustrations). It's funny, at the time I didn't see a thing in the world different about him understanding what we were reading, lol. We take the kids hiking and to the beach. All the things we loved to do, we just brought the kids along (until there were 3 of them, then being outnumbered put a stop to a few things for now). We give the kids a good variety of well-made basic toys (wooden trains, building blocks, lincoln logs, legos, little people, and most recently k'nex) and let them go to town. In my book that is some of the best learning and exploring they can do!

As far as books, I really like the "Preschoolers Busy Book" type books, they have a lot of really fun activities, we just always used the books for a couple of years ahead.

Last edited by mamaandmore; 08/13/08 09:09 PM. Reason: correcting a spelling error