Originally Posted by aeh
I would agree that 2x/wk is insufficient OG, especially where the two days are consecutive. Ideally, OG should be 5x30 per week, or even 5x60 per week (though sometimes kids get burned out on the longer sessions). There is research that suggests 2x30 can be effective, but that is probably more applicable to mild/moderate dyslexia. If 5x60 is not an option, I would prioritize more frequent sessions over lengthier ones.

Can you share with me citations on the frequency data, including the 2x30 for mild/moderate? (Frequency as a search term is leading things astray. I've found just one paper on this topic from 1983.)

I'm not even sure how to classify the severity here. We've got a 10+ grade level gap between reading and spelling level here, but that says as much about the reading level being massively above grade level as it does about the spelling being below. I think that each member of DS' team views the severity of his case very differently.

Just got this year's speech scores: all pragmatics test in the average to above average range, with the lowest scores increasing 30+ points.

Last edited by geofizz; 01/25/16 08:11 AM.