My DS4.5 has a done a IQ test several days ago, and it turns out he is not in the gifted range, IQ 12x not yet 130. However his academic skill (test done by the same tester) is well above his age, english skill at least 6 yrs old (we are non-enlgish speakers, so i did spend time to read to him and teach him phonics) and his math skill is at least 8 years old (which is underestimated as he can't understand at least 6 questions in the test because of english, but i know he know the answer). We didn't have formal teaching in his math, he just loves it so much and he always surprised us in his mathematical thinking.

So i want to ask if anyone experienced the same things or anyone can explain that why a kid is very advanced in an area but turn out that he is not gifted? or should i find a psychologist that is specialize for gifted kids to have him test again? (He did the IQ test in a folow up session as he was in high risk of autistic).

I did believe that my son if he is gifted, he will not be in HG or PG range, most likely only 13x, so the test result is more or less as expected. I just feel curious right now. However, the IQ score may be important in the future when he has to apply for GATE program, or when i need to advocate for him, that's why i am thinking should i take him to test again in the future when he is 6 or 7 years old. Thanks a lot.