Does anyone have information about speech assessments? My 8 year old DS had a speech assessment yesterday by a new speech language pathologist. She gave us scores for the OWLS (I'm assuming the OWLS-2) and I think the information was wrong. For example, she said that he had a standard score of 85 in one section and hit the ceiling, but it looks like the standard scores are not unusual for this test and that would make 85 a low score. She said he scored like a 14-21 year old, giving my husband the impression that he was working at that level, but I think they are standard age equivalence scores (which I think are misleading) and that there must be subsections so that he just scored like a child of that age on age-appropriate (3rd grade or so) material.

Does anyone know anything about this test to help me out? I have developed a lack of confidence in this speech therapist from this (and from her saying that there is no test for pragmatics for this age group when I know that there is). She also said that insurance wouldn't pay for pragmatics testing, which makes no sense to me.

I would appreciate any advice...