Hey Portia - yes it's been ages, been really busy here with the kids and the business and other stuff happening. laugh

It sounds like my kids will really enjoy AOPS then; They prefer the straightforward, clean thing - Fred is just enough pictures to keep younger kids entranced and of course they all love the story of Fred too.

Perhaps we will just add the AOPS books in when we get to pre algebra (there are 3 pre algebra LOF books now btw) and phase out dreambox, and then Fred if needed....

The oldest will be ready for Fred Pre Algebra by January the latest at his current rate. The middle one will be ready for Pre Algebra around mid year next year - although he is suddenly very concerned with working grade by grade so right now no maths unless it has the official grade number on as the rest of the "work" he is insisting on finishing (3rd grade). This middle one is the scary maths kid who used simultaneous equations without being taught them for a grade 3 maths olympiad solution, who counts in prime numbers in his sleep and instinctively seems to know most maths concepts.

I will definitely get the answer books - thank you for that heads up - as I am very very weak in maths.

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)