This is all helpful to me-- I think these learning styles overlap and some of the difficulties may be related to the ADHD and borderline EF skills rather than a certain style. I *do* know that if you give DS paper and pencil or something to do with his hands while you're talking with him or teaching, that his behavior and attention improve dramatically.

I also think this *thing* with the endless, tedious repetition of what he learned four years ago has got him down (see math facts). And holding back a kid with ADHD from advanced concepts because they are not *careful* even when they show every sign of thirsting for complex material is contributing to school aversion.

Overall, I think DS's learning needs are not being met. The school is now sending home math competition problems a grade year ahead that are supposed to take at least 30 minutes to do the sheet and show work. DS is doing them in his head in less than ten minutes. He's starting however, to think that school is a drag and his favorite subject is recess.