Dear Willa -

Step One: Relax
Step Two: If you hunt through here for my posts you'll see that I've faced very similar issues.
Step Three: Don't worry about gaps - DS9's gaps from 1st and 2nd grade help save his samity in 3rd grade to give him the best year ever. As you get used to having a kid with "very superior" scores, you'll come to treasure gaps!
Step Four: Call your insurance company and get some private OT started, ASAP. If your school offers OT/PT services at all, see if you can get that added to the plan. This is a big bang for your buck/time area.
Step Five: Take a hard look at your financial picture. consider talking to a financal consultant. I estimate that within 3 years you have a 75% chance of wanting a private school, so see what steps you can take now to ease things later.
Step Six: Apply to Davidson's Young Scholars Program

BTW I didn't understand that "very superior" IQ scores meant. What I came to understand is that IQ scores measure how rare it is for a child to score the way your child did. "Very superior" means that your child scored the way 1 our of a thousand do. It also means that your child could be more unusual than that, but that the test can't measure it because your child "hit the ceiling."

As far as the "severe neuromotor disorder" and the attention problems - keep an open mind - the ability of your local folks to understand you son's picture is limited. OTOH, it sounds like they are giving him resources, which is great.

The biggesst measure of how your kid is doing, is how your kid is feeling. If he's sociable...pleasant...charming...caring...and kind then for now things, things are ok - unless you think he's faking everyone out.

BTW - a delicate and gentle push into touch typing will eventually open a lot of doors. I'd limit screen-time as much as possible so that you can "allow" mavis beacon, transcribed emails to cousins and grandparents, etc.

Best wishes
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com