Regarding his MAP testing, it seems as if his final result is only a couple of points lower than you would have expected. It also seems that the only thing that pulled him down was his computational accuracy, which you report is a typical behavior for him. In that light, I'd say the MAP results are a fairly accurate portrait. They paint a picture of a student with outstanding grasp of math principles who sometimes shoots himself in the foot. I was that student though elementary school, until I learned strategies to overcome that. My DD10 is currently that student.

It does not appear that the CoGAT is going to tell you anything you don't already know, so I'd eliminate that option. That leaves you with the choice between speaking now, or waiting until parent/teacher conferences at the end of the month. That choice, for me, would depend on when the school begins their pull-out program. If it doesn't start soon, what else can the teacher offer? The answer may be, "not much."

As for your DS getting in trouble for getting bored and socializing, unless it's presenting as a major problem for your DS or the teacher, I wouldn't sweat it. Getting the occasional warning from the teacher and seeing the quarterly citizenship grade marked down to "satisfactory" is not a problem worthy of parental intervention.