Personally, I don't care where the money comes from or whose pockets it ends up in. IMO, those who do are watching the wrong fairground huckster's hand.

I care about how the money is spent.

I care about the future of this country because it will have a direct impact on the future opportunities my and other's children in this country have. If we don't focus on high educational standards and differentiation for those that can attain yet higher standards then, we, as a country are going to become an economic backwater.

Modern jobs and good incomes are going to those with skills - countries that have those skills are going to thrive because corporations will locate there. Countries that do not will wither on the vine.

Not a nice comfortable fairy tale prospect, is it? We have to face facts and address reality as it exists not how we would prefer to fantasize about it.

Anyone that worries about the source OE the destination of the money is worrying about the proverbial colour of the curtains while the house is on fire.

True equality of opportunity exists when tracking is implemented for all chidren. Taking it away from public schools just means that those who can afford not to endure such willful stupidity on the part of the DOE and local school districts will merely move their chidren to schools that do differentiate. This will suck opportunities away from the unfortunate kids whose parents cannot afford to opt out. Thus, tracking/ GT programs are actually the polar opposite of elitism because they open the doors of opportunity to all who can leap the bar instead just those that can leap the bar AND by accident of birth also have parents who can afford other options.

However, let us not lose sight of WHY those parents are opting out and fix that!

Become what you are