Been some time since I've been on here, but I always feel I can come back when needed!

DD is getting ready to go from 3rd to 5th after some serious advocating on our part and DD taking above grade level testing last school year with a small public school that just doesn't do grade skipping (ever!) - she is reasonably both nervous and excited. School is getting ready to start and we haven't told very many people and she hasn't told very many kids about the skip, so now DD is worried about what the other students are going to say.

For those of you that have BT/DT - does anyone have any good (maybe even witty) ideas for what DD can say when the 5th graders ask what she is doing in their class or tell her she is in the wrong class or the 4th graders ask why she isn't in 4th? We could also use your thoughts on what DH and I can say to other parents when they ask. We already gave DD some generic ideas like to say she is moving to a more appropriate level for her educational needs, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda. We always got "the look", so then we suggested she just tell them she wanted to try out 5th grade and see what it is like.