Hi - I am advocating for subject acceleration in math for my twins (rising 3rd grade) and would love some advice from the knowledgeable people here. Our school does not have any advanced math option until sixth grade and they are very reluctant to do anything other than in-class differentiation. But I think I may have succeeded in getting them at least to consider testing some kids to see if they can subject accelerate in math in elementary school. The thing is, they've never done this before (hard to believe), so I don't know what type of test they will use or should use, nor do they it seems. I believe they are coming up with their own. What I'm wondering is - what type of testing is usually done for this purpose? The school has already done CoGAT and STAR Math and we have our kids' SCAT math scores as well, though the school has not seen the latter yet. I'm guessing they may do something like an end of year skills test (for the next grade or some other grade, i don't know). Is this a common method? Is there anything else I should be advocating for or considering?

Thanks in advance!