My son was in 5th grade last year and an outside service organization put together a program that provided several assemblies for 5th graders about planning for your future education and some about money. Then they took them to a local state college (it used to be a community college) for a tour. They took them to a vocational school (for like culinary, some computer/IT, hvac, and a bunch of medical programs, and probably some I am forgetting). I think the idea was to talk to them about taking middle school seriously so that they developed good habits so that when they got to high school they already had goals that were attainable because they hadn't wasted middle school's opportunity to learn the executive functioning skills and attendance and all those soft skills. But they wanted to inspire them.

My older son's middle school (when he was there) has an AVID program which the school program (not some outside service group) does similar things. They take field trips to colleges. AVID is a specific program for a specific population though. My son was a teacher assistant for one of the AVID teachers so he did stow away on several of the field trips though not a real AVID student.