My 10 year old son was tested by the school in the fall 2014 (he was 9). He was given the WISC IV and WAIT III. A processing speed issue was discovered and he receives extended time now. He recently took the SCAT for grade 4 (normed at grade 6). He ran out of time on math despite extra time (time and 1/2). I will attached all scores. He is elible for CTY on line courses and others, but they are expensive. I see he doesn't quite make the cut off for Young Scholars and am wondering if it is worth pursuing any further via portfolio or if I should just wait it out or if there are other options. He is currently taking a summer tech camp at MIT and is in Heaven...next year his plan for grade 5 is very vague and I would like to have options for coursework. They denied a grade skip and have a wait and see attittude. Thoughts?????

WISC
Scale Composite score percentile
VCI 132 95
PRI 131 16 *i think this is a typo
WMI 120 91
PSI 85 16
FSIQ 125 95

WAIT
total reading 133 99
math 126 96

SCAT
verbal 454 86
math 459 82 *

*he ran out of time and answered only 31/50...which mean I think he gots most if not all correct. This makes me think that he made need untimed testing accomodations rather than extra time.