All very good points. DD actually goes to bed really late and sleeps in, so it's interesting to hear it working well for others. No clue how we'll get her on a normal 8am schedule when preschool starts in the fall.

I honestly do really want to know where she tests at, but maybe it's still too early? We can get the RIAS for $200 and that's what I'm leaning toward right now since it's so short. But not if it's a useless test, which another thread on here suggests it may be.

Our local schools only have a one day a week pull out program for gifted kids and if she is, I want to focus on doing preschool just to give her something to do and then stick with homeschooling. If she isn't gifted, well... public school might be just fine, and I bet she'll like it. But I seriously can't have her dealing with the school experience I grew up with if she IS gifted. I have to homeschool or start planning on getting her to a better school now, even if it means saving money for that. I think it's really hard to get grade skips too in our district. :-\