So I finally met with DS7's pediatrician about the OT report we had done a few months ago (the OT suggested DCD, but said we should ask his doctor).

Well, his Dr. said the he had referred another patient to a developmental pediatrician, and that doctor sent the child to an OT for diagnosis. He thought the OT should have just said it was DCD in her report. So, anyway DS' doctor gave me a letter saying DS has DCD (so I can share it with the school).

Hoping that this may make a difference in September and the teachers take his accommodations more seriously.

DS has been bringing bits and pieces of evaluations home from school, now that it's the end of the year. Yesterday I found a music evaluation in his backpack - gave him a C+ - it looked like he didn't do several parts of what was assigned (I can't even tell what the project was from the evaluation sheet) - apparently he didn't set an appropriate rhythm and didn't make any sound effects (it was the Three Little Pigs story). I asked DS and he told me he was supposed to write and draw stuff and ran out of time to finish. So I have no idea what happened, but if they are penalizing him for running out of time - when they know he's slow! - it just makes me mad. And now he thinks he's bad at music too. So - have to undo that damage! Argh.

Next year, we will be emailing his teachers every week, asking to see his work and making sure he's not getting discouraged.