All GREAT info indigo - thank you! And yes, I am a bit of a bull in a china shop...I wasn't intending on diving in head first, but there you have it...although my email to them was much more PC that I wrote on here.

I have done the research on two other districts that are close by, and have friends within both systems that are reporting good things starting to happen. Open enrollment is an option, but I would love DD to be able to walk to school and have friends here! I know nothing will happen quickly, but I am hoping by high school we might have a fighting chance.

I am hoping the district realizes there is work to be done. I have several neighbors that teach within the system and none have anything good to say about GT or lack there of....we'll see...but I will make sure to be an open vessel at the meeting to simply gather information.

Loy58, I wish it were as easy as having something in a state statue to make it so...but unfortunately this is an area of contention for many in the GT community, as we are not seeing a lot of follow through in making it a reality.

Last edited by Labmom; 06/12/15 11:58 AM.