If you had the ability to move anywhere in the US for high school for your rising 7th grader son do you know of any public high schools that would tempt you to do this? He has done very well in math, qualifying for the AIME as a 6th grader. He also likes sports and plays club soccer and is a competitive tennis player but he will not get scholarships in either sport but it would be preferable for him to continue playing sports as he really enjoys them.

His current charter school stops at 8th grade so no one from his middle school will be going to his local high school. He knows many kids in our area from elementary school and sports so staying put would be nice but the local high school is average at best.

Our personal situation is that once he graduates high school, we plan to sell our home and travel a bit before figuring out where we want to settle (assuming health and money allow). Since we plan to move in any case, we could sell early and rent for a few years to establish residency elsewhere if it is worth doing for him to get better opportunities. We do not want to send him to a boarding school or a private school.

We will probably stay where we are depending on how things go over the next two years but my wife and I were discussing a move this week so I was hoping for ideas/suggestions.

Thanks for your comments.