Originally Posted by Tallulah
An individually administered achievement test costs $6-700 here and I don't think a child years below 7th grade with no standardised test experience will qualify compared to DYS 7th graders.

Have you asked for achievement testing through your school?

Achievement testing such as WJ-III is normed by age/grade, so *I think* (and that's a big "I think" since I'm not a professional lol!) a 7 year old child who's in 2nd grade, for instance, isn't being compared to a 12 year old child in 7th grade when standard scores (or whichever score it is that Davidson looks at) are calculated. But I could be *really* wrong.... I just know that all three of my kids have been tested with the WJ-III and worrying about comparing with kids way ahead in age was never a concern when analyzing the results.

Is our only option to repeat IQ testing?

Does this mean your dc has already had IQ testing but the result wasn't high enough to qualify for DYS? If that's the case, and money is an issue for further testing - is it really important or critical at this point in time to apply? Is it possible that what you're looking for in DYS you might be able to find through another avenue?

polarbear

Last edited by polarbear; 05/30/15 03:09 PM.