Hi all --

First let me take one moment to thank you all for all your help, and for taking the time to help folks like me figure out what on earth we're doing! I truly appreciate it. These forums are an amazing resource (thank you Davidson!!).

I have a question, and it may be a dumb one. Bear with me... I believe PRI measures abilities related to mathematics and that type of learning/thinking. But how much does an "average" PRI score keep a kiddo "average" in math?

I'll get to the specifics: DS10 has a VCI of 158. He has a PRI of 115. (WM - 120, PS - 97) Would the fact that he has an unusual learning style and overall relatively high potential give a bit of a boost to the math ability?

He has never excelled in math (but gets 100%s on his grade level tests, etc. and learned basic math pretty early) but he has never been given a "reason" to. I need to come up with suggestions for what to do for him at school, and am wondering if given the incentive, he'd be able to push forward relatively rapidly in math just based on his overall ability... (he likes math concepts). I'm not looking to rapidly accelerate him, mind you, I'm just wondering if I should suggest letting him go faster where he can.

My thought for him is an online class to take *at school* that may combine true interests of his (science or philosophy or...) with math and writing he needs anyway.

Thank you!!