Chances are he's already going to be bored with whatever math is taught in early elementary and need differentiation, whether or not you take him through the Life of Fred books - so boredom in Kindergarten is something you'll have to deal with and address. I wouldn't include it in any thoughts of how to deal with life at this point in time. I'll also add that math as most of us know it wasn't how math was taught in my kids' early elementary days, so my EG ds actually wasn't bored with math for the first 2 years of school. It was easy, but it wasn't out and out boring. OTOH, he went to a project-based school which didn't use any kind of worksheets or books so that helped.

My recommendation would be to enrich with something different - there are so many things you can do/read/experience with a pre-K child that don't have to necessarily tie in with reading/writing/arithmetic. If he's begging for math, give it to him. I wouldn't tell his dad to not talk to him about math - that's a dad sharing his passion, and that's worth more than any consequence of what might happen in school later on. But Life of Fred - I wouldn't feel that was necessary at this point in time. Focus on other things that can really push his brains to thinking deeply - books about science maybe, or read books about famous mathematicians etc, take him to museums, take him on hikes, just let his mind wander. Then if it wanders to math naturally, get out the Life of Fred again.