My son just took WISC V with neuropsych eval. The NP "warned" me that scores tend to be lower with new tests--although this doesn't concern me, since it won't be used for placement. She also said that it is more specific in some areas (I don't really know what that means) and so can help identify more specific areas of relative weakness.

My son's only previous "full" IQ test showed a significant discrepancy between his GAI and PSI (working memory wasn't discrepant). He has an ADHD diagnosis but nothing else identified at this point. I'll be interested to see if there are any indicators of other issues with the WISC V.

aeh--does that make sense, or am I misunderstanding?

FWIW--in our district's GT program, when WISC IV was "re-normed" (at least that's the way it was explained, I'm not sure that's accurate language) --the program couldn't fill its seats and lowered the score requirement.

I've suddenly found myself fascinated with IQ information. Interestingly (to me, at least), the teachers in the GT program in my district have next to no training on IQ testing. I think it could be really helpful for them to know more about the details. It certainly would have helped my understanding when I was teaching.