Eco, this is a better link: http://www.child.tcu.edu/default.asp

I have heard a lot of parents found EMDR to be helpful.

Honestly I do feel stupid. Not that the number is what is significant, but we are talking a standard deviation from what I expected. So many times my intuition about other kids (former students) ended up being correct. I just don't get it.

I have a theory about picture concepts. I had told her to not give the most complicated answer, but the one she thinks most kids would give. So, she went for the absolute simplest response, which was not what the test was looking for. (Psych gave several examples).

It would be so much easier if I could talk about the actual items on test!

Psych said there seemed to be some issues with retrieval. (i.e. on vocab, could use a word properly but not define it and on picture completion could identify missing object but not name it)

Aeh, your thoughts on PSI are interesting. I would love to see how she would do with the figure weights.

Psych said we really need to make sure she has distraction-free zone for homework. She won't go upstairs by herself...so I don't know how that will happen.

So...yeah, it is good that there is some clear direction about steps to take. It is good that she should be able to learn relatively easily but not without effort in the gen ed classroom with her age peers.