IMO, I'd avoid Douglas County like the plague. They have a school board that is bent on "reform." Experienced teachers have been leaving the district in droves. Jeffco is going the same way.

When we looked at Stargate a few years ago, it seemed great for high achieving gifted kids. Make sure that your kid would fit in their box. Westgate was started by a bunch of Stargate refugees. I'm sorry to hear that they have had leadership and turn-over problems. Everything was very individualized and they had some PG kids there. It had a lot of promise.

One other school you might want to check out is Colorado STEM Academy in Adams 50 school district. I know a couple of GT families who have found a home there. Placement is supposed to based on ability not age/grade level.

With respect to Ricks, it can be hard to get into. They are based on the Reggio Emilia model. You might want to read up on it if you are not familiar. I know a couple people who have been happy there but that was several years ago. I've also heard that the parents can be very high maintenance/helicopter/tiger parents.

Last edited by knute974; 05/14/15 04:17 PM.