I'd love some advice. I have DS who is 6 years old and is towards the end of his kindergarten year at school. He was tested when he was 3 and then again at 5 and his scores range from 138-145+ in IQ and 143 in achievement. He has ASD and ADHD which definately impacts his scores as he is not the type of child you come across often.

We have focused heavily on his therapy the past few years and now how ourselves an amazingly well adjusted non Behavioral child who is quirky and still learning social skills but overall is considered sweet and delightful.

This year in kindergarten we have a teacher who has high academic expectations and despite being very far advanced she had extended him and he's found school enjoyable and he is learning new things.

He taught himself to read at 3 and has a matxhing level of comprehension. He read and understood Harry Potter when he was 4. We are not sure his reading level but we know it is very high.

The GATE program doesn't start until the 3rd grade however during his IEP he was referred to them. It was recommended that he take some district level testing (no idea what this is) to determine where he is officially so we can discuss options. The school have already administered the WJ achievement and gotten 143 and the teacher says that he is the brightest child she has ever taught in over 30 years of teaching. So hey acknowledge it.

However, I keep asking for this testung to be done but have had no response or have been referred to someone else. It's been 3 months and I have just been referred to someone else.

I want very much for the process to take place this year in case there is any extension decided upon I want it to be put in place from the start of next year as he is a child who needs stability.

Do I keep pushing or am I getting into being a pain parent? What to do?